As we continue to build our gaming company one of our goals is to promote community in this space. We are literally surrounded within a 12 block radius by some of the coolest companies in social games now. Ooga wants to provide a forum for sharing ideas, insight, metrics, and experiences together…so we started the Social Games MeetUp.
Our kickoff event on Dec 9th was a wild kick ass success. Held at the art gallery 111 Minna, we hosted over 200 game aficionados.
The event was titled: “Five Minutes With Ten Social Gaming Virtuosos”
Check out this speaker lineup:
- John Nguyen from MySpace
- Bret Terrill, writer of “Bret on Social Games”
- James Currier, CEO, Ooga Labs
- Marc Wilhelm, Creative Director, SGN
- Jing Chen, Co-Founder, Developer Analytics
- Sean Clark, EA Pogo
- Craig Sherman, CEO Gaia Online
- Saurin Shah, Digital Chocolate
- Hugh de Loayza, VP, Zynga
- Jim Greer, CEO, Kongregate
In attendance was a who’s who of the local gaming space; MTV, Peanut Labs, Small Worlds, Mochi Media, PlayFirst, Yahoo, Google, RockYou, Slide, OfferPal, Zynga, SGN, Pogo, Dev Analytics, Three Rings, Kongregate, Gaia, and many many more.
If you are an Engineer, Dev, Designer, Art Director, Entrepreneur, Investor, and/or passionate about Social Games please join our meetup;
http://www.meetup.com/SocialGamesSF/ and look for the next event invite.